Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mud Season Madness

Today I opted to stick with easier tasks than to create big messes like yesterday...more on that in a minute. I had so much fun creating this basket. Crocheting is a relaxing activity for me in the evenings and on the weekends. I finished this basket a while ago, just needed to stiffen her up with starch. Successfully starched, she has been placed in my Etsy Store to find a new home.


A couple weeks ago when I was teaching soap making to a young lady from RTCC there was an attempt to force soap through a volcano stage in the oven and it failed. Well, last night I don't know what the heck was going on, but I had a serious volcano episode take place right in a mold at room temperature! I was standing at the stove melting another batch of oils for the second batch of soap when I heard the lid from the soap mold hit the floor, followed by plop...plop plop...river of soap going everywhere. I quickly grabbed some disposable gloves, the pan that the soap was mixed in, picked up the mold and poured the volcano mess back into the pan and stirred like crazy before popping it into the oven to finish taming the beast so I could get it BACK into the mold. Then I had the task of cleaning up the mess before my nosey cat decided to investigate the situation...or my husband discovering my ooops and freaking out on me. What a mess! The good news is, the floor is very clean where the volcano soap sat...I'm just glad it didn't EAT my tile, as the lye was still active.

No comments: