Sunday, April 20, 2008

Vegetarian Pizza ~ a Yummy Treat!

I recently obtained a great Vegetarian Pizza recipe from a colleague that has had to change his diet for health reasons. I've become accustomed to having an open mind with Vegetarian dishes as a means to gather great recipes and meal components to offer students at my school who are Vegetarian. As it is, I could become a vegetarian in the summer when the garden starts producing fresh veggies. This recipe is so easy, tastes out of this world, and is good for you. I guess at the amount of veggies, it is based on personal preference and taste. You could easily add or substitute veggies that you enjoy eating.

Boboli Crust
Garlic Hummus (you can make your own if you wish)
Fire Roasted Onions & Peppers, thawed (or you can use fresh if you prefer)
Frozen Broccoli, rinsed to thaw, then chopped
Low-Fat Mozzarella Cheese

Spread Hummus over Crust, top with Veggies, then Cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and veggies warmed through. With this pizza I don't miss the meat or huge amounts of sodium that comes with the meat. If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it.

No comments: