Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Banana Nut Bread


This afternoon I walked into my favorite little neighborhood store, which happens to be run by some of the BEST neighbors anyone could ever ask for. The store is very small, but they offer THE best deli meats; their hand cut and trimmed steaks are by far the best I've ever had. They recently remodeled the store to include a great salad bar. Their customer service is outstanding, and while their prices aren't always the cheapest, I don't mind patronizing my neighbor. Today they were about ready to throw away some very ripe bananas and jokingly one of the young men asked if I wanted them for a cheap price. Homemade banana bread...YES! I made no haste to get home so I could get to work in the kitchen. So my husband often reminds me ~ cooking is the OTHER use for our kitchen. LOL With both of the girls gone this week, I had two very willing and eager male taste testers that couldn't wait for the bread to cool down. I'm surprised you don't see the steam rolling out of the loaf of bread after I cut it and took a quick snap shot.

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

That looks delicious! I want to take a bite out of it. =)

By the way, I love your "Got Vermont" soap. It's super cute.

Will I see you next week at the Soap Guild convention?

Unknown said...

Thank you! That soap was the inspiration for the rebirth and regrouping of my business.

How I WISH I could attend the convention! Work schedule prevents me from doing so. Had it been held this week...Spring Break!

Sherrie said...

That looks delicious! I just might have to make some this weekend. :)