Friday, May 2, 2008

Pulling My Hair Out!

Last night I decided to "retire" early and grabbed the latest issue of School Nutrition published by the School Nutrition Association, so I could relax in bed and read every last word in the magazine. About halfway through the first article my daughter announces, "Mom, your computer is acting funny." Funny how it is the family computer until it misbehaves...

Every worst nightmare came true. No warning she was getting sick, not a thing. But staring back at me...a black screen and the machine is begging for the boot disk. As the computer didn't come with one, and I don't even have a floppy drive on the computer, I was perplexed by this request. So I've been told, Vista doesn't require a boot disk. (Just in case those of you running on Vista ever encounter a similar situation.)

Geek Squad is coming to the rescue in the morning, but in the meantime I'm working off of a borrowed computer.

No comments: