Thursday, May 29, 2008

Extended Weekend for Spotted Cow

My 9-5 job offers personal days to use and enjoy. While most of my staff greedily uses up their personal time early in the school year, I manage to just hold on to mine until the end of the school year. When life gets crazy near the end of the school year it helps to use those personal days to finish out the school year. Last weekend while everyone else enjoyed a 3 day weekend, I had a 4 day weekend. This week I have a 3 day weekend to enjoy before things get wild and crazy with a lot of extra catering jobs and all the end of the school year cleaning, paperwork, etc.

I've put off spring cleaning my house for far too long, and I've got a lot of soapy projects in the works for this weekend. The weather isn't looking like it is going to cooperate for Farmer's Market this weekend, so I've one less thing to worry about, and more time for other fun projects and activities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You work 9-5 in addition to doing your biz?! Wow! Do you ever find time to sleep? ;)

Unknown said...

Yes, I manage a school food service program. This year I took on some extra classes to achieve a Child Nutrition Culinary Certificate. Additionally, I gave up a week in February while everyone else was off school to attend a "train the trainer" program for the State Child Nutrition Program. I have a 2 year commitment to teach this course (the state pays me!). My soap biz is my "fun" job that helps me keep my sanity. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'd never heard of the Child Nutrition Culinary Certificate, but what a cool program it sounds like! And such a good idea too.

I can't think of a better fun job than soaping!

Unknown said...

I will blog a bit more about the Child Nutrition Culinary Certificate program, Team Nutrition, and School Nutrition Association. This topic has been "simmering on the back burner" for a while, now.