Thursday, February 7, 2013

Soothing Lavender


Yesterday the school where I work had a half day and I wasted no time getting home to play in the soap room. My enthusiasm escalated with pure delight at the sight of a brown cardboard box waiting for me on the porch when I pulled in the driveway...new essential and fragrance oils! First out of the box...Lavender Essential Oil! This called for a triple batch & three molds to get through this soap making session.

Freshly poured Lavender Goat Milk Soap

Purple swirls were dancing in my head...can you tell?  These lovely logs of soap were made with Goat Milk using the same same formula I was playing with the night before.  I was taking a huge gamble by making a triple batch before knowing how the goat milk was going to factor into the soap behavior.  I love living on the edge sometimes, and this time it worked to my benefit. 
 
Here is a closer look at one of the molds full of freshly poured soap.  I love the white and purple contrast and cannot wait to see what the "inside" of the logs look like.  It will have to wait until tomorrow as I will be busy tonight and no time for soaping.  I am really holding out for a snow day tomorrow, we have not had one yet this school year and I am so ready to have one of those "unplanned" days off work.  :)   

No comments: