Monday, February 25, 2013

Blackberry Sage Goat Milk Soap


 
 
Freshly poured in the mold 
Blackberry Sage is blackberry blended with sage to keep the sticky sweet smell of the berries at bay. It is also one of those fragrances that behaves very well when I soap with it, so I knew I had plenty of time to play with the raw soap. When I went about making this soap I wanted vibrant layered colors in the natural "white" soap and a textured top that I then sprinkled with 24K gold mica. I would use a cosmetic glitter next time to avoid the little clumps of mica. 

Playing with the textured top was a lot of fun.  I might have let it sit up a bit longer to achieve a deeper textured look, but all in all I was very pleased with my first attempt and the end result. 


Fresh out of the mold
You see that the color is muted after the batch hardened in the mold.  I wanted to give you a side view of the log to show you how I layered the colors in the log.


Fresh cut bars
I used the crinkle cutter on these bars, and very happy in that decision.  The layers of color turned out great, lending a true one of a kind quality to each bar.  The addition of the crinkle cut really makes these colors rock!  These bars of soap smell every bit as amazing as they look.  In fact, I think to date this has to be one of those batches of soap I am most proud of. 

The bars have been tucked on to the rack to finish curing, and will be available in our online store when we reopen later next month.  :)

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

What a fun and funk soap! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks! I am seriously digging those column molds that arrived today! :) Can't wait to see the reveal of the soapy fun I created with them.