Friday, February 8, 2013

Homemade Orange Cleaner

The other day I stumbled across a recipe on Joybilee Farm blog  for making homemade orange cleaner .  As I have a lot of beautiful old woodwork in my house, I was curious and anxious to test this out! 

Two simple ingredients...citrus peels and white vinegar....and time to "brew" for the next 2-3 weeks.  Once my concoction is ready for testing I will post an update.  I need more orange peels to fill up my gallon jug, first.  :) 

It has been a couple hours since I started the mixture and these photos were taken. and I am already noticing that the vinegar has already started to take on an orange hue. 


1 comment:

Virginia said...

I am very interested how this will turn out! I've been trying to switch over to nontoxic cleaners for two reasons - our health & it saves money. :)