Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shocking Discovery!!!

We've been working on small projects around the house. Hubby finally painted the upstairs bath (the paint has been sitting there for over a year). And...miracle of all miracles, I found a house underneath all of the piles of dirt and clutter ~ GASP!!! For a while I've felt like my house was looking like Ma & Pa Kettle's and at any given moment expected to see chickens, pigs and cows come tromping through. I've also been accused of taking over the entire house with my soap and crochet projects.

It's just not fair that the cleaning fairies keep skipping over my house. And my maid...humpf...she's fired! I had forgotten that I have a table in the kitchen that could be used for the purpose of eating. And Oh my gosh, there is a room full of furniture in the living room! It is a great feeling to start out the month feeling like I've got a handle on the household chores once again.

With housework complete (for the most part), I need to tackle the outside of the house. My porch is serioulsy looking like a trash heap. It's summer, and I want to be able to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather. My flower beds are in need of weeding (again), and the vegetable garden is looking fabulous!

Before I get too carried away, I have far more important "catching up" with my family. My parents arrived yesterday afternoon to spend a week with us. We always look forward to their visits and will cherish this one even more seeing as this will be the only visit they pay us until next June (Ashley's graduation) due to soaring gas prices.

This post was inspired by The Etsybloggers Team Blog Carnival this week. We could choose between two topics.

Theme 1: Catch up! Now that it's summertime, and you (and/or the kids) are out of school, it's a good time to catch up on those chores, reading list, organizing that etsy shop, etc. What are you going to catch up on, in July?

Theme 2: Your favorite widget(s) and how it/they work, with links, etc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to LOL, you have such a visual way with words.

I would LOVE it if you could teach me to grow a veggie garden. Not sure it can be done this far south.

I too have been admonished because "I" take up most of the house. Well before I came along, you could see through the Ninja Sheet curtains straight through to the to the other end of the house and the blanket curtain. So, shut up or move. This is my house now!

BTW, now that you have guests, you can put them to weeding? *wink* Don't tell them, just sorta bring it up! LOL

And one last thing before I go. You can actually sit and enjoy it on your front porch in the summer?

Maybe I'll get one build in the swimming pool so I can enjoy it too!

Wish we could meet.

Lily

Anne-Marie said...

Funny ... every time my parents come for a visit, I miraculously clean the house from top to bottom, often finding little things like lost tables and chairs. =)

Congrats on having a clean house. It feels good, doesn't it?

storybeader said...

I've been cleaning up the house too. Luckily, DH was kind enough the mow, pick up the extra wood and metal hanging around, and do a general cleanup to the exterior of the house. Thank goodness I won't have to do that, and can spend more time at home...on the computer. Have a nice visit with the folks. {:-Deb

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

Cleaning fairy! There's an idea.


**scurries to put a dust pan under her pillow**