Monday, July 28, 2008

Jamaican Jerk Chicken


What can I say? I love to grill. I prefer a charcoal kettle grill, but the convenience of a gas grill on busy days does come in handy. I have so many favorites on the grill but the ULTIMATE grill food for me is Jamaican Jerk Chicken.

2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions
1 Small Red Bell Pepper, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp. Dried Thyme
1 tsp. Curry Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (I cut into strips but you can leave whole)

----------------------
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook all ingredients except for chicken for about2 minutes, stir frequently until pepper is crisp tender, cool. This is where a good ziploc bag comes in handy to coat and smoosh the marinade over the chicken...marinate for 30 minutes - 3 hours (I have been known to leave overnight). Don't be put off by the color of the spice combination...trust me, this won't taste at all like it looks!

Grill chicken 4-6 inches from medium coals 15-20 minutes or until done, less if cooking strips. If cooking for a crowd like I find myself doing quite regularly, you can put the cooked chicken into a crock pot set to warm while you finish cooking the remainder of the chicken.

Leftovers are great cold on a chef salad.
Post a Comment