Monday, July 7, 2008

Family, Fun & The Sun

I've had entirely too much sun over the past weekend. My face is red, but not from blushing. Just for the record, I am not complaining about the sun, I LOVE it when the sun is shining!

I have over-indulged with one picnic after the next since Thursday. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend. Today it has turned a bit warmer and the humidity level is climbing right along with the heat. I have a lot of "planned overs" lingering in the refrigerator which means I don't have to actually cook tonight, I can work on other projects, or be lazy if I want to!

It was very special to have my parents here to help celebrate my Birthday this year. Ashley had the brainy idea to invite some friends and family over for a party last night. All good intentions, leaving me to prepare for the occasion. LOL Oh well, I love to cook so I don't mind. We had grilled turkey, grilled BBQ chicken, and all the fixings...except for a cake. Ashley quickly ran into the kitchen and found a lingering Red Velvet Cupcake I had made a few days prior, shoved a candle not intended for B-day cakes into the top, lit the candle and brought it to me as everyone sang "Happy Birthday". We all got a good laugh out of it, and precious memories were created from the experience. Unfortunately, my camera was on vacation yesterday so I have no candids to share.

1 comment:

storybeader said...

sounds like a fun R&R for all. Enjoy the hot weather when you can. Later, {:-Deb