Monday, March 10, 2008

Love


noun ~ 1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
verb (used without object) ~ to have love or affection for another person; be in love.
Verb phrase ~ love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.
Idioms ~ for love a. out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
b. without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.

Well, you get the point. I love my day job, but my passion is what takes place in my "spare time" ~ making soap, cooking, gardening, crocheting, and spending time with my family.

At the end of a tiring day I enjoy sitting down to crochet. I am very proud of the piece displayed above. If you enjoy the piece as much as I have enjoyed creating it, you may learn more about how to make it yours by visiting my Online Store.

Making soap has been a passion for several years now. It never ceases to amaze me with the chemistry that takes place as one makes a batch of soap. I was never very good with chemistry in High School, so my chemistry teacher would be so proud. Needless to say, chemistry was not in the cards for me when I went off to college. Not every batch of soap has been successful. I've had some flubs and blunders that were better off destined for the trash. On the flip side, I've had many successful batches of soap that have made me proud. Speaking of successful batches of soap, you can view all of the soaps I currently have in stock by visiting my Online Store.

No comments: