Sunday, March 16, 2008

Crochet Inspiration


One of the first projects that inspired me to take up crochet again was the above valance design. I just had to dust off the crochet hooks and buy some cotton thread to make them! They were originally made for the room we were using as a dining room. About 2 years ago I decided to change that room to the living room and the valances didn't fit with the living room look. Nor did they fit with the wall covering in the "new" dining room. So, when we remodeled the kitchen and created a laundry room out of the unfinished room behind the kitchen, I decided to recycle the valances and make my laundry room high class all the way. Who says a laundry room can't have nice valances??? I have since been working on new valances for the dining room. I'll be sure to post pictures here when they are finished. I can't wait!

No comments: