Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Poor Garden

Aside from being over-run with weeds, it has suffered massive amounts of water, as well as lack of sun and heat. The tomato vines are full of fruit, but they aren't ripening very fast. You can faintly see the tinges of yellow that the fruit is thinking about ripening.


The squash has suffered some issues with all this rain.


Out of all my pepper plants, this is the first hint that peppers are going to be coming along...maybe in time for the first frost?


My poor flowers have suffered dearly as well. This is the only bloom on my Hydrangea, and it is only about the size of a 50 cent piece.


The only thing thriving in all this rain is the kale.

2 comments:

AWJ said...

Oh, my gosh, your poor garden! That's how things looked here last year... I'm just thankful every day that the weather's much better this summer.

storybeader said...

I get so upset when the weather doesn't cooperate! the hydrangea is pretty!