Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Project

I have been playing with some new yarn today. This is Lion Brand Organic Cotton yarn. Quite a bit pricier than the cotton yarn I typically use. What is nice about this yarn is that it is free of pesticides, herbicides and other agri-chemicals that are used to grow or color yarn. All of the harvesting and sorting is done by hand and it has been grown in the natural shades. Impressive that this yarn gave consistent results throughout the project with the benefit of being extremely soft and dreamy to work with. I'm hooked! (no pun intended)

6 comments:

storybeader said...

those are really nice!
they're going to make a nice trio, eh? like that natural coloring, too.

Carrie Garvin said...

Your projects look real nice! I also work with organic yarn, making washing cloths. It's recommended to hand wash, but I haven't had a problem throwing them in the regular wash. And yes...so soft!

Unknown said...

Thank You, carrie ~ gigi, that is good to know about the washing. I was wondering after I read the label if it could be machine washed or not.

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely! Did you actually make all of those Sunday afternoon? It'd take me a few weeks. :>

I bought some organic yarn one time from Green Mountain Spinnery, but haven't used it yet.

Unknown said...

Yes, Teresa, I made all of those pieces in one afternoon. You should have seen what I came home with the day hubby had his surgery. It was a very long day in the waiting room!

Thanks Storybeader.

Anonymous said...

You're talented!