Friday, October 24, 2008

Sneak Attack on Etsy

When I opened my shop on Etsy I knew sales were not going to come pouring in right off the bat. It was going to take hard work and dedication to make that first sale and every sale thereafter. That is the realistic dreams about owning an online shop.

Secretly, however, most shop owners (myself included) dream of waking up or coming home to a staggering number of multiple sales, or a near empty shop.

Different sponsors scour Etsy to locate a shop that has little to no sales in their shop. Then, at the appointed date and time, after hours of promotion about the attack, the unsuspecting shop owner is notified of the Sneak Attack mere minutes before fellow Etsians pounce and shop in the Attackee's shop.

Tonight at 7 PM EST I am sponsoring a Sneak Attack on a wonderful fellow Etsian who could definitely use a boost in their shop sales. To read more about Sneak Attacks, and to see shops that have previously been the victims of an attack, please visit The Handmade Movement. A link to my discussion thread about the attack will be posted on The Handmade Movement site as soon as it is started in the Etsy forum. Come join me for the discussion and help to promote this wonderful cause by clicking here.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A sneak attack sounds like fun!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's such a cool idea - I can't wait to participate when I have more money!

uniquecommodities said...

Awww. very encouraging to do something like that! cant wait to find out who it is.

Anonymous said...

That is such a marvelous idea!! If I were selling on Etsy, I'd be so thrilled that others were looking out for me. :)

TiLT said...

Great idea..I'll have to check it out since I am trying to do as much of my holiday shopping on etsy as possible...

Anonymous said...

So full of soapy love!

Can we come to your house to party for the weekend while DH & DS are off hunting DM?

Erika said...

I agree with you. You open your shop and poof! you are ready for the sales.

This is a great idea to help others but to see what great shops exist.

storybeader said...

surprise, surprise! And I love your fall leaves on your banner! great idea!