Thursday, October 30, 2008

Senior Pictures

There was some debate over which one to choose. These were taken way back in July. I'm just getting around to posting them~ but only because we are on a serious deadline to get the digital image submitted for her Yearbook page.

This is the image I selected. It also happens to be the same image that Tony, Ashley's boyfriend, liked the best. So we did the main package with this image, but only because the boyfriend sided with me. :)


This is the image Ashley & my hubby wanted so badly. I love the picture, and would have loved to purchase it in color. BUT, Ashley was in love with the black and white and hubby loved the way she looked in the picture. To me black and white is so old fashioned!


In the end, Ashley ended up with a bunch of wallets because she had obtained names and addresses of fellow classmates for the photographer. As her reward, she was given the wallets in the pose she wanted so badly. So, in the end we both won.

The photographer ~ Janet Osha Miller ~ does outstanding work. Even when we lived in the midwest, she had taken some family photos when we would come out this way for a visit. The photo shoots included both indoor and outdoor photos. The images are presented on CD that she sets to music...brings a tear to any mother's eye when you finally get to preview the images. She includes that CD with the proof booklet that you get to keep...forever! With over 100 photos to choose from, it's a miracle we could narrow our selection down to just two!

10 comments:

agoodwitchtoo said...

Both are lovely but I would have picked the color version too... shows off her beautiful peepers!

She's a doll!

BeadedTail said...

Both photos are beautiful. I always like color photos too but her black and white photo is stunning as well.

agoodwitchtoo said...

Tag... you're it! Just kidding! Left you a gift on my blog :)

Erika said...

I guess I am old-fashioned because I am a fan of black and white. But I do like the color--she needs to show off her eyes!

Anonymous said...

Count me as another vote for the color photo; she looks beautiful in it!

Anonymous said...

Uh, not that she doesn't in the b/w one. ;) The color one really shows off her amazing eyes.

storybeader said...

the color of her eyes pop out in the color pic!

Anonymous said...

my opinion doesn't count but i like the second picture that is in black and white because your smile is so naturally in it. but I think it would be better if it's in colored though.

either way, you look good! i just happen to have my own preference.

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Love the one in color, it does show off her pretty peeps! She is a beautiful girl! I'm sure she gets lots of WOOTS from her proud Mama!

Blessings~
Cindy

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Those are lovely pictures! You have a pretty daughter:)