Tuesday, October 7, 2008

R E L A X

After a long day at work I often drive home without the radio on. Drives my family crazy when they use the car after me because (gasp) they have to turn the radio on! There's just something to be said about quiet. It's the perfect opportunity to clear one's mind without outside influences. On really stressful days I take the relaxing a bit further and indulge in a long hot bath.

This topic was inspired by the Etsybloggers Blog Carnival for October 13. A very Special Shout Out to our Gracious Host (and Fearless Leader) ~ Joey who asked us to Choose one of these two topics to write about:

1). Work: Blog about anything to do with your work (past, present or future) which is outside of Etsy.

OR

2). Relax: Blog about what you do to relax.

8 comments:

Mama Z said...

When I got paid for working I use to turn the radio off to relax too...Now with my current unpaid job (SAHM) I turn the radio up to drown out the fights coming from the back! :)

Unknown said...

There is something to be said about quiet. Usually after musical rehearsals/performances I drive home with the radio off. It helps me wind down and relax. ahhh! quiet!

God bless!
~gloria

Erika said...

When my hubby and I were dating, I would drive the four hours without the radio. I would think about seeing him, etc. Then on the way back home, I would think of our time together....

storybeader said...

it's hard to find quiet around my household, unless I'm by myself!

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

WOW I dont know if I could ever do that, being alone with my own thoughts is not relaxing!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

I absolutely understand where you're coming from! My hubby is an NPR junkie and when I'm alone in the car I always go for silence. It's like this neverending struggle between us.

agoodwitchtoo said...

Um... no beer included, Ms Moo? :)

The Fab Miss B said...

I read a book called "The Creative Habit" by dancer Twyla Tharp a few months back, and she suggested silence for an entire week to clear your head and make way for new creative ideas. I think silence is a powerful restorative, but I don't know if I could go a full week! I'll work my way there slowly I think. Great post!