Thursday, June 18, 2015

Vroom, Vroom Here I Come!


One Cool Monkey
Recently I attended a baby shower for one of my co-workers, and decided to make the gift memorable.  The inspiration for this gift came from Thom's Crafts and Treats on You Tube.

I had so much fun shopping for all of the items to make this diaper motorcycle.  My husband thought I had completely lost my mind as he watched it all come together piece by piece.  Once transformed into a cool monkey wearing baby sunglasses and riding a motorcycle, my husband found the project to be "pretty cool".  Hey, for a guy to like a baby shower gift, that says something.
Vroom, Vroom Here I Come!
 
The monkey on the motocycle became the center attraction at the baby shower, as no one had thought of a table decoration for the occasion (it was pretty laid back in typical Vermont fashion).

The expectant mom was delighted with the gift and reports that her significant other refused to let her take it apart after she got home.  Turns out he's a huge motorcycle fan so the gift was perfect.

It is always fun to turn ordinary useful gifts into something fun and memorable.

No comments: