Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Crochet Baby Dress for Isabella

Crochet Baby Dress
Crochet is another crafty endeavor that I enjoy when I sit and relax at the end of the day.  Recently I started making a dress for the newest grand girlie, and finished it just in time for her to wear to a wedding this past weekend.

I found this pattern on You Tube, written by Oana in Italy.  I am graciously thankful that she is willing to share her skills and video tutorials with the world, and that she took the time to make an English version of her video tutorials.

Our Selfie
Isabella is now 7 months old, and the pattern was written for 6 months.  When I started the project last month, the dress was more of a shirt so I had to add more rows of cascade stitch to get the length long enough to be a dress on her.  The top of the dress fit her just perfectly, so unfortunately wearing the dress was a one time deal, unless another special occasion pops up in the next couple weeks before she outgrows the top.

Isabella is a techy baby and is fascinated with cell phones.  She loves to take selfies and.the fact that the child knows what buttons to push amazes me.  The lighting was poor, but I had to capture the moment with her wearing the dress.  She wanted to hold my cell phone but Grammy said no.  She didn't give me a smile for the selfie in return.

No comments: