Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fun With Blueberries...Soap, That Is!

Freshly poured Blueberry Soap
If you remember, the other day I made all of the blueberries for another fun soapy project.  Ok, more than one project, but I can't spoil all of my secrets just yet. 

On Tuesday I made one of the blueberry soapy projects rolling through my head.  With a snow day callled I had cellphone in hand and a pot of soap in the other and it was of to the soap room for some fun. 

Setting the larger half spheres in place
What I didn't show you the other day was the larger larger half sphere embeds I made to go along with this project.  To start off with, I poured a small amount of soap into the bottom of the mold and then set the larger half spheres in place. 


A sprinkle of mica on top
After I was satisfied with the way everything looked, I poured the rest of the soap overtop then sprinkled a bit of the blue mica mixture down the center that I had come up with for this project. 



Not happy with how the mica looked, I changed my mind about what I wanted to do on the top, and carefully folded the soap over the mica line with a spoon and added the blueberries to the top, as seen above. 
Cut bars of Blueberry Soap
Today was cutting day, and I was anxious to see what mysteries were hidden inside the bars.  Did all of the larger blue pieces stay down?  I didn't spoon the soap over the larger embeds, so it was likely some didn't stay at the bottom.  Did some of the embeds float up?  It didn't matter to me, because each bar has its own personality and I love each and every one of them!

I still have a ton of blueberries leftover for another project or perhaps two?  We shall see what happens this weekend!

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

That first photo looks like blueberry bread :) And the finished pieces look great!
You're on such a creative streak! Can't wait to see the whole shop open again :)

LatherBeSoaping said...

Pretty blueberry soap! Blueberry is such a great fragrance, especially in the spring and summer!

Anne-Marie said...

OMG, it turned out so super cute! I especially love the blueberries on top. =)

Unknown said...

Edi ~ that is what I thought when I looked at the log in the mold.

Jenny ~ thank you! I love blueberry! Can you tell? LOL

Anne-Marie ~ thanks so much! It has been a fun project to work on.