Friday, May 29, 2009

My Friday Afternoon...

Fire started in the lower left hand corner INSIDE the shed ~ away from any source of heat or electricity. How it started is as much a puzzle as where it started. Very strange, indeed!


Looking inside the shed you can see the tremendous char in the area where the fire broke out.


These last two photos are taken inside the house in the laundry room. You can see the wood is charred. Had there been no insulation between this wall and the wallboard we installed 2 years ago, things would look entirely different today.



Had it been another 10-20 minutes and the house would have become victim to this fire. We are so thankful for the wonderful fire department we have ~ they saved our home from devastation. The house was filled with smoke, so we do have smoke damage, some rooms more than others. Everyone is safe, the cat is safe...Ashley's prom dress for this weekend smells like smoke, but it is fine.

The upside in all of this....I finally get my house really deep cleaned...and I don't have to do it! :) Unfortunately, my business is going to have to take a back seat until everything is "back to normal" again.
Post a Comment