Sunday, January 27, 2013

Soaping Update

On a rare moment this past week I went on Craigslist stumbled upon a large lot of soap making supplies that a local goat farmer purchased with the intent of making soap.  After making one batch they decided soap making was not for them and decided to sell the goods.  Win, win for moi!  This was a major score as the lot contained over 200 pounds of oils and butters, along with a bunch of other soaping goodies, AND about 100 pounds of frozen goatmilk.  Needless to say, I see a lot of goat milk soap on the horizon in the near future.

After lugging the score into the house, with Mr. Moo's assistance, it was time to find a home for all of these treasures.  I had an old cupboard/counter stored in the laundry room since we remodeled the kitchen in 2007.  I had decided it finally needed to go and lugged it out on the porch on Monday.  Today it came back into the laundry room so I could store the lot of soapmaking goodies.  In a very short time the laundry room was transformed into a functional workspace, and everything is organized.  The only remaining projects include hanging a metal wire shelf to store the fragrance oils and lugging a big table from upstairs and then the soap room will officially open for production.

Every time I make a batch of soap it is my intention to write a post with photos of the soapy goodness. I need to stock pile a bunch of soap before I will be ready to reopen the shop.  I can hardly wait to get started.

 

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

What a catch! That is so awesome you were able to get those soaping supplies. =)

P.S. Can't wait to see photos of your soapy goodness to come.

Unknown said...

Thanks Anne-Marie! I cannot wait to get back into my soaping addiction! ;)