Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Goat Milk Soap Success

This morning I was in a hurry to get out the door and trudge the icy roads to work.  I only had a few minutes to look at the soap before I dashed out the door and noticed the soap was quite warm in the mold.  The soap was already hardened, so I quickly pulled it out of the mold and noticed it had changed to a medium tan color.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the soap had returned to the nice creamy color like it was when I put it in the mold by the time I returned from work.  After the soap was cut into bars I am super delighted with how the soap turned out!

Orange Patchouli Goat Milk Soap

Tonight I made the must have soap in my house at all times ~ Kitchen Soap.  It has coffee and orange essential oil in the soap, making it a great bar to have by the kitchen sink to use for general handwashing but in particular after cutting onions and garlic.  This soap neutralizes the odors on your hands and is nourishing for your skin. 
Kitchen Soap



I also use this soap after I have been gardening as it cuts the grime and has just enough abrasive qualities from the coffee to remove the ground in dirt that I seem to always get on my hands despite the fact that I use garden gloves. I have mechanics that swear by this soap, and have even had one person buy it when they are making Christmas wreaths as it cuts through the pitch.


Shop Update ~ I hope to have my soap supply built up enough to reopen my shop mid to late March.  :)  Keep watch for news of our Grand Re-Opening. 





1 comment:

Dips Recipes said...

Thank you for writing and sharing this