Monday, September 8, 2008

The Most Dangerous Cake Recipe in the World

Someone sent this to me on email so I bring it here to share with all my bloggy friends...don't say I didn't warn you. Teresa, get your treadmill ready cuz you are REALLY gonna need it this winter!

The 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons cake flour (that's plain flour, not self-raising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla essence
1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla essence, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The
cake
will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now
we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or
night!

14 comments:

Earmark Social said...

oh dear, this seems insanely dangerous! i think this will have to be created NOW! drooling...

your blog is great!

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

uh oh :)

Paisley The Jackabee said...

OMG I have to forget I EVEN saw this post! A chocoholics nightmare!! LOL :-)

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That sounds wonderful! Now I wonder if I can pull that off with soy milk...

Anonymous said...

Yummy x10! ;D How can it say that choc chips are optional? I'm trying the recipe this week! Thanks for sharing it (and yes, definitely treadmill time).

Shell Mitchell said...

oh my - I am going to be in trouble. thanks for sharing:)

Kathleen J. said...

Thanks, the chocolate will make us all feel better even though our waistlines will hate you!

I will be starting my love - hate relationship tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy the way you make me smile!

~Lily

Kandi said...

Yummy for my Tummy. I think I will try this this weekend.
Thanks for posting this.
Kandi

Bunny B said...

Ooo.. sounds delish!!

Anonymous said...

We're will be camping this weekend at the drag races in Charlotte. We don't have an oven, but we do have a microwave....

Mama Z said...

Yummy! I love chocolate!!! So 5 minutes to make and 5 seconds to eat! :)

huntlyquine said...

I tried this and was very disappointed! Granted I did not have any choc chips, but then I don't really like chunks of chocolate in cake, I'd rather just have the flavour. This was not really chocolatey and the texture was really dreadful. It was chewy and sponge like. Dreadful.

Anonymous said...

oh my this is amazing I tried it and all the chocolate chips sunk to the bottom, and formed a kind of icing when I flipped it out of the cup.