Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Summer Trip to Maine

Lunch View
I'm sorry that I missed publishing the weekly Ingredient Feature this week.  Time got away from me with hubby on vacation, the Holiday weekend, and a trip to Maine tossed in for good measure.  Hubby returns to work tomorrow so I can get back to business as usual, for a few days.

Our trip to Maine started with a slight trek south into New Hampshire to check out Bass Pro Shops before heading north to Kittery, Maine where outlet shopping is bountiful, and a visit to the famous Kittery Trading Post.

Taking in a very late lunch at Warren's Lobster House in Kittery was a highlight, and a restaurant that I highly recommend.  The view was amazing and they had the most impressive salad bar I have seen in a while.  Feeding kids for a living I am faced with food allergies, special medical diets, vegetarian and vegan diets, and more.  The salad bar at Warren's was a delicious vegetarian and vegan delight.  And for those craving seafood, these east coast folks know how to cook seafood!

Traveling further north to Scarbourough, Maine we made one last stop to Cabela's before taking the scenic route across Maine to take in the jaw dropping views and vistas on the Kancamagus
Kancamagus Highway
Highway through the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire.  The sun was setting as we started our journey along the 34 mile stretch of road.  We saw a huge bear cross the road, but thankfully didn't meet up with any moose.  As we neared the top we were able to capture one photo opportunity before the sun disappeared behind the horizon.  I've only seen these views in the fall, and was delighted to have the opportunity to capture a summer view of the amazing mountain views.

The Ingredient Features will resume next week while the blog is on auto pilot in my absence.  I'm bound for Salt Lake City later this week to attend a conference and fulfill the obligations and duties that come with the title of President-Elect, soon to be President, for School Nutrition Association of Vermont.  I'm super excited to see the amazing Salt Lake region for my first time, and feel some summer sun and heat which we seem to lacking in the Northeast this summer.