Saturday, April 11, 2009

Am I In A Treasury?

All too often I see this question asked around the Etsy Forums ~ "How do I know if I'm in a Treasury?" Finding yourself in a treasury is just as exciting as creating one. At the same time, it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Gold Star in the list means you are featured, silver star means you are an alternate.

If you are a member of Etsy and have never created a Treasury, you are missing out on a lot of fun. Etsy has created a great Storque article chock full of information on how to create a treasury.

With the stability of the Etsy Treasury servers, a greater number of treasuries are capable of being created. With the vast number of treasuries being created it translates into a lot of pages to surf through to see if you have been included in a treasury. Sometimes a curator will convo you to inform they have included one of your items in their most recent treasury. If you are limited on time, it is difficult to go through every page to see if you have been included in the treasury. You certainly don't want to "neglect" your duty by properly visiting the treasury and thanking the curator, right?

Today I want to introduce you to another awesome tool I have found.

Simply type in your Etsy user name, and the site will tell you if your Etsy shop has been included in a treasury. It searches the Main Treasury, as well as Treasury West. It also tells you if you are an alternate in a treasury, and how long before the treasury is due to expire. A link is included that leads you directly to the treasury.

Now how cool is that?

7 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

Thanks for reminding me of this. I lost it when my computer crashed!

storybeader said...

This is a great tool. Now, I have to remember to check it!

Oh, and sweet little Christina - she's a darling! Enjoy being a grandma!

Anonymous said...

You are so wonderful about sharing your Etsy knowledge! I've still not set up shop yet, but I know whom to go to for help when I need it! ;)

Thank you, Linda!

Audrey said...

That is so cool! Thanks so much for the info. When I make a treasury - I always contact the shop that is featured. Everyone likes to know they are loved.

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for the tips! Very useful!

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

Wow, that is a great tool. Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that tool! :)