Saturday, February 14, 2009

Monster Cookies


Growing up my mother would make Monster Cookies. I was always amazed at the size of bowl/pan required to mix up the tasty treats. The name of the cookie, I have decided, isn't so much a description about the size of the cookies but rather the amount of cookie dough you end up with.

It was loads of fun to take turns stirring up the massive batch of cookies, but I never paid much attention to the amount of time spent baking them after my mother had us take turns mixing the dough. And, I never really paid much attention to the fact that we had container after container of cookies stored away in the freezer after the baking frenzy.

The recipe was passed along when I got married and I've made them a few times, and decided today was a great day to mix up a batch while I had two kids and one "adopted" kid that were willing subjects to do the mixing. After about 4 pans into the baking process I decided a recipe of this size would be more fun if I had the oven space and larger sheet pans like I use at school.

22 comments:

ordinarymomss said...

WOW that might actually feed all the kids on my block!

Anonymous said...

You know that part I can't stand the most in making cookies? It's the dropping by the teaspoonfuls onto the pans...this Monster Cookies batch size would make me start wearing orthotics because it'd kill my poor feet!

That said, it looks really fabulous and I'm sure would be gone in about 2 days at our house. ;)

Anonymous said...

I meant "the part" not "that part"...oy.

Nice spring colors on your blog, BTW!

TiLT said...

yuuuummmmmm.....COOOOKKKIIIEEE

monster for sure!

storybeader said...

looks like the ticket for a group of growing boys! And I just noticed you changed your wallpaper - neat! love the colors!

agoodwitchtoo said...

That is an obscene amount of cookies! But how long did all those actually last? ;)

Mama Z said...

Wow that's a lot of cookie dough! My thought is that there's no way anyone could know how much cookie dough you actually ate with a batch that big!! :D

BeadedTail said...

That would be a great way to bake once and have cookies for a long time! But I also agree with Mama Z, it'd be hard to tell how much cookie dough you eat - mmmmm!

uniquecommodities said...

Looks Yummy! Feel free to mail me a few! LOL

Erika said...

Now talk about a Monster Feast! All I need is a monster-sized mug of milk and I will gladly eat those up!

Memories for Life said...

Those look SO good!!! Now I'm craving cookies :)

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I found your blog in Entre Card. Your blog is totally awesome!!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Monster Cookies ~ Love em!! I have several recipes, each a little different, but all called "Monster Cookie" Yours loke YUMMY!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yum. They look like they have oatmeal and chocolate. I love oatmeal and chocolate.

Anonymous said...

And you work where everyday?

EVERYONE MUST see this Ms. Moo...

http://tulipstalking.blogspot.com/2009/02/blockhead-rod-gets-caught-with-his.html

Anonymous said...

I love everything about your blog, the template design as well as the content. Keep up the good work.

Pipseater said...

Hi, tx 4 dropping EC, I love your blog. Oh my god that's a lot of cookies, are you selling them. yummmmmyyyyy

Anonymous said...

hi, nice blog
Your Blog is More interesting.great work.
...if possible at ur free time visit mine..and give ur suggestion to improve..
i am very happy to add you in my blogroll as friends if u like..!!

CB said...

Those look really yummy, especially to someone who is try to eat limited amounts of sweets right now lol.

I have never heard of Monster cookies though.

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

they sure look tasty! Wish I could taste one of those right now! Are those M&Ms?

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

Oh WOW!! I remember those from my childhood as well!! You wouldn't want to share that recipe would you? :)

Kristin said...

forget the cookies...give me all of that batter...I will eat every last drop.

....okay. Give me the cookies too.
=)