Thursday, February 19, 2009

Monster Cookie Recipe

I apologize for not putting this recipe on my blog sooner. The week has gotten away from me. It's vacation week for Ms. Moo, and I am holding my daughter's baby shower this weekend, so there has been the meticulous cleaning, decluttering and all that good stuff going on. Spring cleaning early, if you will...only it sure doesn't look or feel like spring up here in Vermont at the moment.

MONSTER COOKIES

Yeild: A LOT (if you don't eat all of the cookie dough)!!!

Mix in large (I'm not kidding when I say large) pan in order given

1 pound soft margarine (Ms. Moo prefers real butter)
2 pounds brown sugar
4 cups sugar
12 eggs
1 Tbsp. Corn Syrup
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
8 tsp. baking soda
3 pounds peanut butter
18 cups rolled oats
1 pound chocolate chips
1 pound M & M's
(Ms. Moo also adds 1 pound chopped walnuts)

Variations: You could put raisins, dried cranberries, or any kind of baking chips - butterscotch, peanut butter, broken candy bars, etc.)

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 min. Cool on pan for a couple minutes before cooling on rack. Freeze baked cookies in airtight containers. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the shower was success and congrats! Babies are always exciting. Doing a little blog walking this am, waiting on the sun to do some real walking outdoors. Home it's 21 so I know where you're coming from when you say it doesn't feel like spring. I'm vacationing this week though in southern Calf, cooler than normal; but I did make it to the pool yesterday. yippee
Sandy
stop in for a visit, the welcome mats always out

Lilysgramma said...

Oooh I remember eating these!! The look scrumptous! I have a page on my blog, http://www.myheartvoice.com, where I put recipes from other blogs, may I have permission to put this one on it? I will link to your blog in it and give you credit. I will await your answer! Great blog btw and congrats on becoming a grandma.. you're going to love it!! :)

http://fattyprejudice.today.com

storybeader said...

I was looking at your monster cookies, and happened to glance over to the right.... 16 DAYS TO GO ? Is that real? WOW!

Anonymous said...

KOOKIES!!!!!!!

Baby, Baby, Baby ...

How is your daughter?

And that wayward son?

Love you

~Lily

Kristin said...

I meant to say thanks for posting the recipe.. And I am sure it won't yield a lot for this household... I am a cookie dough eating monster!! =)

Kristin said...

Actually... Even for a cookie dough eating monster.. I am sure we will have a TON left over.. what fun though.. I just have to find a bowl big enough, lol!

Cheryl said...

Those cookies sound yummy!

I've been watching your baby-counter, and wow, down to 2 weeks??? I'm so excited for you!