Monday, April 1, 2013

36 Bars of Beautiful Soap!

Swirling action taking place in the mold
We love our new soap mold from Bramble Berry!  What to make first,?  Energy?  Chocolate?  Blackberry Sage?  Oh my, decisions, decisions!  And the final decision?  Razz Nilla was the first batch of beatiful color swirling action to land in the mold. 
Dividers in place

The inserts were a bit of a learning curve for me the first time I used them, despite the advice to be patient.  To be honest,  I was ready to heave those inserts out on the lawn. I persisted and breathed a huge sigh of relief when it was finally resting in the soap.  Although, I was seriously thinking the next time I'll cut the bars by hand. Hubby encouraged that before long I'll be slipping them in and out of soap mold like yesterday's news. 

1 of 36 bars

With much anticipation, and a lot of peeking under the lid to admire the masterpiece, it was finally time to unmold the beauty and admire it some more before removing the inserts.  The wishing, waiting, and anticipation of owning one of these amazing molds was well worth the wait, and happy to report that the bars are gorgeous! 
   
Getting all patriotic

The second batch to land in this gorgeous soap mold was a brainstorm idea I've been itching to create for months.  I've seen it in my mind,  had the game plan all mapped out, and this past weekend it all finally came together.  The mold inserts behaved for me just as hubby predicted.  Once again it was hard to resist sneaking in a peek or two, you know I've gotta babysit the soap, it's a soapers life.  ;) 

Shop Re-Opening update... we are still working on the labeling, packaging, and more so the re-opening of our online shop has been slightly delayed. Quite a few batches are fully cured, but very soon we will have a much nicer variety of soap fully cured and ready. 

My son tells me he has a growing list of co-workers and friends eager to do some Mother's Day shopping.   For local folks we'll be holding an open house on April 27.  For those who have been eager to see the soapmaking process, I will be giving some soapmaking demos during the open house. 

3 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Those new molds look really cool. And the new soaps look even better!
Opening for Mother's Day is a great idea...perfect timing!

LatherBeSoaping said...

Your soaps are gorgeous, and I like that mold. I guess it would be a challenge to get the dividers in for a mold that large. Looks like you managed beautifully, though! Best wishes to you with your shop re-opening and open house!

Unknown said...

Thanks Edi & Jenny...so much to do, not enough hours in the day it seems. :)